Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
Our fee of £180 will be payable prior to the start of your tenancy agreement. This is a fixed cost fee that covers a variety of works including but not limited to conducting viewings, negotiating the tenancy, verifying references and drawing up contracts. This charge is applicable per tenant.
Payment of rent
The first instalment of rent must be paid in cleared funds before you sign the tenancy agreement. Thereafter, rent is payable by standing order (unless agreed otherwise) to arrive on the due date as stated in the tenancy agreement.
Right To Rent
Before the tenancy can proceed you need to provide us with a photo ID in the form of a passport or EU driving licence.
Please see the below link for any additional information on your Right To Rent Check:
Inventory Check-in Cost
|SERVICE||PROPERTY||STUDIO||ONE BED||TWO BED||THREE BED||FOUR BED||FIVE BED|
* Please scroll table right and left.
A deposit equivalent to five weeks’ rent must be paid in cleared funds when you sign the tenancy agreement and is held by Sanders Property for the duration of the tenancy in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement and Sanders Property will register the deposit monies with the TDS Custodial Scheme. Additional information on the scheme can be located at the below address:
Sanders Property TDS Scheme Registration Number is : EW33767.
Why choose Zero Deposit?
A Zero Deposit Guarantee is an alternative to a traditional tenancy deposit. It provides the same level of financial protection and security to landlords, whilst reducing the upfront costs to tenants. With Zero Deposit, tenants will still complete their referencing checks as per the usual process and will remain wholly responsible for any financial loss or damage covered by their Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement.
If a landlord offers the choice of a Zero Deposit, tenants can choose between Zero Deposit and the traditional deposit. Zero Deposit offers cover up to the value of six week’s rent.
- Speeds everything up: Zero Deposit is helping to solve financial challenges for tenants who, on top of rent and other costs of moving need to find up to six weeks’ rent for a security deposit. By helping to tackle these affordability issues, Zero Deposit can help tenants move into properties faster and reduce large upfront costs, in-turn helping reduce void periods for landlords.
- Provides security and protection: Zero Deposit provides cover equivalent to a six week tenancy deposit. It is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, so tenants and landlords must be treated fairly and reasonably.
- Less hassle and paperwork: As this Guarantee is not a traditional deposit, it does not need to be registered with the deposit protection schemes, making the process less time consuming for both tenants and landlords.
It is your responsibility to insure your own belongings throughout the tenancy.
You will be responsible for the payment of telephone, gas, water and electricity accounts at the property during your tenancy, as well as the council tax. It is your responsibility to notify the relevant companies and the local authority that you are moving into/out of the property.
We are partners with The Tenant Shop who are able to help with all your utility needs.
Additional Information can be sourced at the following website:
Change of Tenant Fee
£180 per tenant should you wish to terminate your tenancy before the end of the term and the landlord agrees which includes amending terms, contract negotiation and updating your tenancy agreement during the tenancy.
We do not compromise on standards. Our lettings department is fully regulated by ARLA and we fully comply with Property Redress Scheme for Residential Letting Agents. https://www.theprs.co.uk/
In addition, we are a member firm of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme Custodial Scheme. https://custodial.tenancydepositscheme.com/home/
We are also one of the few agents who are ARLA Propertymark Protected and Regulated. https://www.propertymark.co.uk/
Client Money Protection
Sanders property holds Client Money Protection with Propertymark.
The Propertymark Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme reimburses landlords, tenants and other clients should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds.
Sanders Property want to raise standards in the industry and to protect consumers and Propertymark’s Client Money Protection Scheme is an integral part of this. That is why it’s mandatory for all lettings agents to have CMP in place (including the auctioning of chattels) and handles client money or uses a third party to control its client money.